Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Anatomy of Melancholy
If you haven't gone to see the Jorge Macchi exhibition at the Blanton Museum of Art, just a reminder that it closes this Sunday, 3.16.
I'm so happy that I went. It was (another) lesson in slow thinking. In the pleasures of slow thinking.
Maybe I'll write more about it after the exhibition has gone; one of the pleasures is the pleasure of riddles, so I won't say too much here. I did want to document the conversation going on in my head as I viewed three of Macchi's works in succession:
What does music look like?
And finally: What does music look like?
The last notes I made in my notebook:
Be open to the realization that you are having a new, a different, experience.
Even when you're seeing something you've seen before, you're not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Jen - wouldn't have thought/known to see the show without visiting your blog. It was AMAZING. Here's a link to his website, which has the incredible piece: Vanishing Point. I just love his inquiries into the infinite. xo ana
http://jorgemacchi.com/
Post a Comment